Department of Theology
Master of Divinity
The mission of the Master of Divinity degree program is to equip servant leaders for making disciples worldwide by developing in them an accurate knowledge of the Word of God, the skills necessary to communicate the Gospel effectively, and character worthy of the kingdom of our Lord Jesus Christ for the leading of the churc
Upon completion of the Master of Divinity, students will be able to:
Identify the basic contents of all books of the Old and New Testaments and the broad historical and cultural background information relevant to the study of the Old and New Testaments.
Exegete and apply a biblical text properly through application of historical-grammatical hermeneutics.
Explain the major doctrines of Christianity, including their biblical basis, historical development, and contemporary relevance, and assess non-evangelical doctrines from an evangelical perspective.
- Explain the basic elements of Spiritual Theology, namely, the nature, process, and practices of spiritual growth
- Demonstrate how knowledge of self integrates with knowledge of God in one’s own life
- Demonstrate relational skills that develop community
- Articulate how the biblical teaching on vocation shapes one’s own understanding of vocation and gainful employment.
- Prepare and present sermons demonstrating biblical accuracy, oral clarity and contemporary relevance.
- Students will demonstrate ministry skills in areas such as evangelism, administration, teaching, counseling, and worship.