Master of Science in International Development
MSc International Development offers a coherent and interdisciplinary grounding in the core aspects of international development theory, policy and practice. The course is designed for social science graduates, or for those working in a wide range of development organisations both internationally and within developing countries. It aims to blend theory and practice and seeks to explain policy behavior through an integrated approach, drawing on a range of disciplinary perspectives.
M.Sc. International Development is both a course in its own right and an umbrella structure that houses a range of more specialized master’s courses, each of which explores a key dimension of international development under four broad thematic headings:
- global political economy
- governance and management
- poverty and inequality
- the environment
The course is ideal if you’re looking to learn more about developing countries, would like to gain the skills and capacity to think critically about development, and/or are interested in studying a truly interdisciplinary course.
This course will
- Provide rigorous interdisciplinary training to equip you with a critical understanding of the theory and practice of international development.
- Provide you with a thorough conceptual framework and the skills necessary to analyze effectively different perspectives on international development.
- Provide critical insights into the key strategies, policies and practices currently employed to promote international development.
- Develop professionally-oriented skills through optional courses in areas such as policy analysis, planning and managing development, and poverty reduction.
- Provide a wide range of options for advanced training in areas of specialist expertise relevant to international development.
- Develop advanced competencies in transferable areas, including developing reasoned arguments, gathering, organizing and using evidence and information from a wide variety of sources, undertaking both team-based and independent work to deadlines, and both written and verbal forms of communication.
- Assist you in developing your specialist area of expertise within international development, and applying your understanding and skills through supervised individual research culminating in a dissertation.
Master of Business Administration
Master of Business Administration with Concentration
The MBA with concentration option provides the leaders of today and tomorrow with the knowledge and skills required to succeed in a competitive business environment within specific industries. The program emphasizes critical and strategic thinking, business management skills, ethics, and real-world applications.
On completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Integrate Christian principles in critical thinking and decision-making.
- Demonstrate awareness and improvement of thinking and learning strategies.
- Implement business concepts in a business environment.
- Evaluate operations and provide recommendations to improve performance.
The concentration in Accounting provides students an in-depth view of relevant accounting concepts.
On completion of this concentration, the student should be able to lead organization financial and economic based decisions.
Digital Marketing Concentration
The concentration in Digital Marketing is designed to provide greater study for marketing managers or those who want to enhance their career path with training in the world of marketing.
On completion of this concentration, students should be able to lead and manage organizations’ strategic marketing development in the digital economy.
Human Resources Concentration
The concentration in Human Resources is designed to provide greater study for human resources professionals or those who wish to strengthen their knowledge and skills in the human resources area.
On completion of this concentration, students should be able to analyze an organization’s human resources needs and offer recommendations for comprehensive stabilization and/ or improvement.
Organizational Leadership Concentration
The concentration in Organizational Leadership prepares individuals to embrace significant leadership responsibilities in either the public or private sectors. Courses help students to understand the challenges and opportunities inherent in a leadership role.
On completion of this concentration, the student should be able to apply leadership principles to work with people and processes within a profit or not-for-profit organization.